I am at Visual Studio Live. I’ll be updating this post with tidbits of info as I find them interesting.
9am-6pm Distributed cross platform development.
- Real world is non-deterministic and asynchronous, our applications should be too!
- NodaTime is an opensource lib for dealing with time in the .net stack.
- Game Developers are the best at defending against replay attacks (look into this to defend global high score systems)
- Halo Used Orleans to build it’s distributed cloud services in Azure to track tons of stats
- Orleans uses an actor system (terms silo and grains)
- SOA died 10 years ago (1 out of 100+ people in the room raised their hand when asked if SOA was successful at their company)
- Micro has nothing to do with the size of the service.
- Every service is an application with real deployment pains.
- Without automated testing and deployment Micro Services can’t succeed either! (Taking a monolith app that takes a week plus, break it into micro services and now an update takes n weeks to deploy)
- Not every method can be a service due to network latency.
- Service Bus is just a message queue
- Azure Service Bus
- NService Bus
- Mass Transit